So it is spring, and SOON very soon the Farmer’s Market will be in full swing and I will have fresh local produce that is NOT a potato. But until then, there are still potatoes and sweet potatoes a plenty. Yesterday I made dinner for my husband and the side dish was these sweet potatoes. A few people have asked for the recipe, so here it is.
Chipotle (Roasted) Mashed Sweet Potatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes (cane creek farms)
1 chipotle in adobo + 2-3 tsp of the sauce
1 T butter
2 T orange juice
1 T milk (I used goats milk this time)
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into quarters.
- Place on a sheet tray and drizzle with EVOO. Then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes (until you can stick a knife in them without resistance).
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Chop the chipotle into small pieces.
- Scrap the potato guts out of their skins in into a small bowl.
- Add chipotle, adobo sauce, and butter. Smash (or whip if you want them smoother).
- Add in the OJ and milk. Mix in to get a creamier consistency.
- Enjoy the yumminess!
P.S. Happy birthday to my favorite set of twins: Casey and Courtney!